Who we are and what we can do for you
Join Our Team of "People Helping People"
We are passionate about the credit union motto of “people helping people.” We believe in serving and supporting our members so they can achieve their dreams and goals in life, and we believe in supporting multiple organizations in the communities in which we serve.
We have AWESOME employees who work as a team to support our mission, vision and values! We believe in promoting from within whenever possible and developing our staff. Acclaim Federal Credit Union is a great place to work!
We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, matching 401(k), a semi-casual dress code, and more.
Acclaim is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening is required. Acclaim Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
To apply, please send your resume to HR@AcclaimFCU.org
Member Service Representative
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
Acclaim Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Member Service Representative, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, to join our team . We are located at 1823 Banking Street in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Member Service Representative is currently in the Member Services department and under the supervision of the Member Relations Officer. The representative will perform service and education functions in the Member Services area to assist in achieving Credit Union goals. Perform duties and tasks essential to the position and overall Credit Union operations. Provide information and member support concerning the Credit Union and its products and services to members, ensuring the highest quality of service. This position promotes the mission, products, services and image of Acclaim Federal Credit Union on a continuing basis to all personnel, members, volunteers, vendors and the community at-large by demonstrating the elements of Acclaim FCU’s STAR culture and standards – Service, Teamwork, Attitude, and Responsibility – through appropriate words and actions.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Always strive to provide excellent service in all member interactions, while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall interests of the Credit Union. Must maintain the member’s dignity and never insult or demean the member’s character. Must maintain the member’s confidentiality.
- Serve members by providing service and information in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner via telephone, written, electronic, or other correspondence. Will relay information to members and prospective members or others by telephone, fax, e-mail, or mail.
- Balance individual teller drawer at the end of the daily shift. Research and resolve any discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor immediately. Perform all day-end balancing procedures to properly close the teller box.
- Research and solve both routine and complex member questions, problems, and complaints concerning accounts.
- Open and maintain all types of Credit Union accounts, products, and services as designated by department supervisor.
- Assist members with remote access, electronic services, electronic payment and transfer requests, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment and work areas. Report any problems or needs in regards to maintenance, supplies, etc. to designated personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate Credit Union policies, procedures, products, and services for compliance and also to be able to educate members and make recommendations based on member needs.
- Must demonstrate a positive, confident attitude in all forms of communication and interaction.
- Conduct interactions with team members and management in a positive manner with a focus on resolution to the issue/situation.
- Display support of company policies and procedures.
- Promote and foster a positive attitude and demeanor with co-workers and members.
- Support a fun and friendly work atmosphere.
- Satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations and established procedures which apply within the scope of the position.
- Take complete responsibility for own actions and demonstrate full commitment to any assignments or projects from time appointed through completion.
- Satisfactorily complete all required employee education. Also demonstrate an exceptional commitment to developing and/or improving personal knowledge, education, skills, and career plans.
- Actively participate in all scheduled meetings and department functions.
- Ensure that all member contact/requests/inquiries have proper follow up, completion, and satisfaction.
Qualifications and Expectations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual otherwise qualified must be able to perform each overall duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, additional qualifications, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities.
- Appearance: As a contact for existing and potential members, business partners, and others, this individual must display excellent grooming and professional appearance while performing job duties. Example: Employee must have neatly groomed hair and acceptable clothing that fits within the credit union dress code.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must possess communication skills that will allow for explanation of policies and documents to members in a clear and concise manner in all forms of communication and interaction. Must be able to effectively answer member questions in a confident manner by knowing credit union policies, products and services. Must be able to educate members and suggest applicable credit union products and services based on the individual member’s needs. Be able to effectively read, comprehend, and explain documents and procedures and also communicate, both verbally and in writing, in English and Spanish.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills related to general financial services industry requirements.
- Organizational and Time Management Skills: Must possess strong organizational skills to create an effective and efficient flow of a large volume of paperwork through the department. Having the ability to prioritize is required to handle the multiple responsibilities of the position without falling behind or making careless mistakes. Must be able to handle time-related stress and frequent telephone, member, and employee interruptions.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to proficiently utilize a personal computer, related peripheral equipment, and applicable software. Must be able to effectively utilize the Internet for research and information. Must be proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel. Must maintain proficient knowledge of the credit union’s core operating system.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use a keyboard (including repetitive motions with hands, fingers, arms, etc.). The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, to communicate effectively, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Education/Experience: Must possess a high school degree or GED equivalent.
- Other Qualifications: Must be bondable and maintain an acceptable personal credit history.
Disclaimer: This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and may change at any time with or without notice. This list comprises required skills and knowledge but does not address the intangibles such as professional demeanor, attitude, teamwork, etc. that are expected of all employees.